Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Mini Review: Don't Tell the Bridesmaid [The It Girl #3] by Katy Birchall


Title: Don't Tell the Bridesmaid
Author: Katy Birchall
Author Info: Website|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Series: The It Girl #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Egmont
Publication Date: 12th January 2017
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
Romance is in the air!

Preparations for the Wedding of the Century between Anna's dad and super famous actress Helena Montaine is in full swing (all Anna needs to do is escape having to wear the biggest meringue of a bridesmaid dress that EVER existed.)

And not only that but Anna, her friends and her ACTUAL BOYFRIEND (definitely requires shouting), Connor, are about to go on a school trip in romantic Rome.

So as long as Anna can avoid doing something like falling face first in the Trevi Fountain, nothing could spoil this perfect pasta-filled moment. Could it?
My Thoughts
I unexpectedly received a copy of Don't Tell the Bridesmaid, along with the previous two installment to this series, complete with a book makeover and matching covers (which makes bloggers very happy) and although I wanted to dive in straight away I just never found the time, but a week off work left me with lots of free time, which meant I could finally pick this book up.

I did take review notes for this book, if somewhat very brief, but I can't find them anywhere (notepads, iPad, or phone) so this is going to be a very short review with lots of feelings and thoughts, and very little detail about what happens.

Anna is going on a school trip to Rome, unfortunately her boyfriend can't attend as he has to work on his comic strip, so Anna finds herself in Rome with her friends and enemies. But whilst there Anna is away from her family, and is finding out second hand information about her Marianne and her boyfriend, and some unhelpful information from Josie which has Anna worried over her fathers relationship.

Starting Don't Tell the Bridesmaid made me remember how much I enjoy this series, it's guaranteed to make me laugh every time, and I just really love how clueless/hilarious/clumsy Anna is. I liked the progression of this book, both as part of the series but also as it's own story. We finally get to see whether the wedding of the year goes ahead or not, and the end of a series, but we also see Anna change in some ways by the time the last page is turned. I loved exploring Rome with her and I would love to visit there at some point in time.

Final Verdict
The It Girl series is a must read for fans of Geek Girl, and although I have loved this series I am sad to see it end. Don't Tell the Bridesmaid ends the series on a funny note with some surprises too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...