Friday, 24 March 2017

Book Review: The Giant Jumperee by Julia Donaldson


Title: The Giant Jumperee
Author: Julia Donaldson
Author Info: Website
Illustrator: Helen Oxenbury
Genre: Children's, Picture Books
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Puffin
Publication Date: 6th April 2017
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
Rabbit was hopping home one day when he heard a loud voice coming from inside his burrow.
"I'M THE GIANT JUMPEREE
AND I'M SCARY AS CAN BE!"

When Rabbit's friends Cat, Bear and Elephant come to help they are each scared away in turn by the mysterious voice.

He can squash you like a flee
He will sting you like a bee
And he's taller than a tree!

But who is the Giant Jumperee?

A new read-aloud classic from internationally bestselling author Julia Donaldson, beautifully brought to life by award-winning illustrator Helen Oxenbury.
My Thoughts
The Gruffalo and Room on the Broom are the staple of every parents bookcase for younger children, and in my case for the book basket for work. I love how easy it is to read these books, and how quickly the children pick up on the repetitiveness of it, so when I saw The Giant Jumperee on NetGalley I knew I had to read it.

The story itself follows a rabbit who is scared of this mysterious Giant Jumperee, and when he seeks help from his fellow animals they too are scared. But it takes one brave animal to pull the Giant Jumperee out of hiding.

I love the illustrations in the pages of this book and The Giant Jumperee itself was a very quick read, but like other books by Julia, its easy to follow with repetitive words that will make this a hit for children.

Final Verdict
The Giant Jumperee was a lovely read, and one I can't wait to add to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...